MistyLook 3.6 for WordPress 2.5

MistyLook 3.5 works perfectly fine with the latest WordPress 2.5, of course all of my other themes work fine as well. Today I am releasing the 3.6 version of the MistyLook for all of you with the following changes. Fully Internationalized for easy translation Well, as I was telling you about “What it takes to internationalize a theme?“, I mentioned about Henrik’s work on the version 3.5 of the MistyLook theme.

screenshot-150x150

I took his work as a basis for the new version and so 3.6 of MistyLook is fully internationalized for easy translation to any language. Support for Gravatar As WordPress 2.5 supports Gravatar by default, I took the time to add the necessary code to the comments.php and the style.css file to natively support Gravatar when used with WordPress 2.5. The theme would still work fine in previous versions of WordPress as well. Footer Links This theme is no longer a sponsored theme, but it has two links in the footer.

One for the theme link at wpthemes.info and the other link pointed to wprocks.com [the website you are reading right now]. The License Info for the theme remains the same. Support for other Languages Danish Translation file, done by Henrik, is ready as of now. I still need volunteers for creating language specific .MO files for other languages. Please get in touch with us, if you can help us in this endeavor. – See more at: http://wprocks.com/2008/04/01/mistylook-36-for-wordpress-25/

1. Rocks

Ulli

April 3, 2008 at 3:59 pm

Wow, until now I translated MistyLook each time manually.
    Thank you for MistyLook – a great theme – and the internationalization of MistyLook 3.6.
    However I didn’t yet succeed making my translation working. First of all I installed poedit. Poedit complained about 2 duplicate definitions in mistylook.pot. After fixing that I created mistylook.po and mistylook.mo with my translations into German. I copied mistylook.mo into the active theme folder. My wp-config.php file contains the definition
    define (‘WPLANG’, ‘de_DE’).
    Nevertheless MistyLook 3.6 is still displayed with English strings. Where is my error?
    Regards

2. Rocks

Charlie

April 7, 2008 at 3:58 pm

I just installed MistyLook 3.6 on my blog and I love it. Thanks for sharing this with the world!

3. Rocks

Rocks

April 9, 2008 at 3:56 pm

For both Simon / supercynic, Actually the newest version of MistyLook is only for people who are running the WordPress software on their own hosting, by downloading the software from http://wordpress.org.

4. Rocks

superc

April 9, 2008 at 3:57 pm

Hi. I’m a blogging newbie and am computer illiterate. I currently use Mistylook and love it. How can I install 3.6 on my blog? I use wordpress. Does that automatically update it? Thanks for any and all advice.

5. Rocks

Simon

April 9, 2008 at 3:58 pm

Hi, Beautiful theme for wordpress. Thanks for you job.i downloaded Mystylook 3.6, but how i can use it for my blog ? thanks for your help.

6. Rocks

Rocks

April 11, 2008 at 3:55 pm

@Kevin, You should be able to copy the stylesheet from your wordpress.com version and use it on the MistyLook 3.6. It should still work.

7. Rocks

James

April 12, 2008 at 3:55 pm

I’m using version 3.5 of your theme at vitalwills.com
    due to recent things I read, I prefer to remove the meta generator tag
    which is automatically added to the theme by wordpress 2.5 core files.
    I looked around & found i can remove it by adding
    remove_action(‘wp_head’, ‘wp_generator’);
    into functions.php , which I’ve done on other themes.
    I’m afraid the misty look functions.php is too complicated for me to add it.
    Where & how should I add the above line?
    thanks

8. Rocks

Janet

April 15, 2008 at 3:54 pm

I’m in the process of moving to WordPress and was so pleased and excited to find this theme.
    I’ve uploaded it to my blog and will have it “open” for public view soon.
    Thank you for a beautiful piece of work. It truly sets the tone for my site.
    🙂

9. Rocks

Jeanette Eggers

April 16, 2008 at 3:53 pm

I am so thankfull for your theme on my website… thank you from a lady in Denmark

10. Rocks

Rocks

April 17, 2008 at 3:53 pm

James, you should post any such questions to the support forums at http://wprocks.com/forums/ Janet and Jeanette, thanks for the nice words !

11. Rocks

Rocks

April 20, 2008 at 3:51 pm

Ben, If you need support for our WordPress Themes, the best place to get an answer is Support Forums.

12. Rocks

Ben

April 20, 2008 at 3:51 pm

Great theme. Thanks.
    I’m trying to change the header image by using url(img/header.jpg) in the #headerimage in the styles.css, but it won’t change, even if I use an absolute url.
    What’s with that?

13. Rocks

Richard

April 24, 2008 at 3:50 pm

I like your theme. I just download it and get it installed. It’s cool. Thank you.

14. Rocks

Arun Shanbl

April 26, 2008 at 3:49 pm

I am using your theme Paalam 1.1 on my WordPress v 2.2.2
    I was planning on upgrading to WordPress 2.5.1; Can I continue to use Paalam? Do/Would you have a upgraded version of Paalam for WP 2.5.1?
    Any recommendations.
    Many Thank and keep up the great work.
    Arun

15. Rocks

Akay

May 26, 2008 at 3:46 pm

thanks!

16. Rocks

Rocks

July 3, 2008 at 3:44 pm

I will try to fix it in the next version Jaakko. Thanks wprocks

17. Rocks

Jaakko

July 3, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Hi! You haven’t included all english text to gnu-gettext tags. Only major part of the theme will be translated. Are you going to fix this issue in your upcoming updates?

18. Rocks

Ray

July 29, 2008 at 3:43 pm

when I upgrade wp (2.6),
    I found when I click the image on the mistylook theme , the browser can’t display it with ajax mode. (browser will link full image directly)
    Is that about css problem ?
    thanks
    Ray

19. Rocks

Rex Blog

August 2, 2008 at 3:42 pm

been trying to fix the wrongly-displaying captions of the MistyLook theme by implementing corrections provided in the support forum. When update the CSS code in the –

20. Rocks

laser

September 15, 2008 at 3:40 pm

I use this theme for my 3 blogs. On Firefox except the header image i get nothing no tabs no content. On IE i get the blog contents but no tabs…. PLEASE Help

21. Rocks

Mikael

October 3, 2008 at 3:39 pm

Hi! Can anyone say if Mistylook 3.6.1 works with WP 2.6.2?

22. Rocks

Michelle

October 17, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Is there a way to make the right sidebar wider? If you look at my blog I want too add a youtube video and it is cut off. Any ideas?

23. Rocks

Eats Wombat

October 21, 2008 at 3:37 pm

I just discovered that you’d updated Mistylook (a mailing list would be nice, maybe, or perhaps if WordPress could let you know the way it does with plugins. Just a thought). I have just implemented this plugin for email, via SMTP: coffee2code.com/wp-plugins/configure-smtp/ –since I needed to use a separate provider for email from my web hosting provider. It works find for comments but it doesn’t work with the contact page. I’ve disabled that page for now. Is this fixable? I’m using WP 2.6.2. Cheers, EW

24. Rocks

Vitt

November 13, 2008 at 3:36 pm

*misty look* is my theme here & is lovely!!! i change the header & it’s very nice. The colors are soft…thanks !!!

25. Rocks

Peter

November 18, 2008 at 3:34 pm

Thank you. I have posted the question in the support Forum. Please delete this and ma question. Sorry and Thanks.

26. Rocks

Peter

November 18, 2008 at 3:35 pm

How do I change the header Image in the Misty Look ?
    The selector #haderimage in the style.css is not used.
    The source code shows a local style definition and ignores style.css:
    #headerimage {
    background: url(www.wp.arandas.info/wp-content/themes/misty_look_de/img/misty.jpg) no-repeat;
    }
    How do I change this?
    Thank you!

27. Rocks

jenny

December 11, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Hi, how would a add a gravitar to the image above about on my own site…? Otherwise very nice with a few tweeks it will match my header.

28. Rocks

jenny

December 11, 2008 at 3:30 pm

me again… as you can see i have a gravitar but it wont show up!! HEEELP!!!!

29. Rocks

jenny

December 13, 2008 at 3:29 pm

nevemind it was answered in the forums.. i’ll go there from nowon

30. Rocks

Kevin Crensh

April 10, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Awesome work. I’m moving MistyLook from (everygoodthing.wordpress.com to my hosted site. However, the MistyLook 3.6 picture and background color are different, darker, than what’s on WordPress.com. Can I use the same image and background color on my own site? How? (I can edit DHMTL, CSS, etc., so can I download the old version and merge the image with 3.6..?)