Quick Post: MistyLook updated to 3.7.1

After I released the MistyLook 3.7 version, I had to update the theme for backwards compatibility. So I am quickly releasing this version 3.7.1 [Get it now at the MistyLook Page]. In addition to the backward compatibility, it also adds 1. Highlighting the comment of the post author 2. The CSS style definitions defined in the post Floating Images within the post in WordPress 2.6 is now part of the theme itself. 3. New and updated mistylook.pot file.Yes, the old translations may not work 100 percent and so translators have to use the new mistylook.pot file and recreate their .mo files. Special Thanks to Henrik for recreating the .pot file. So Volunteers, If you have done translation of the MistyLook theme, please send me the new version of your .mo files so I can host them along with the theme. Thanks. Updated the comments.php and mistylook.pot file with the help by Ulli. New version 3.7.2 just released today [February 10th 2009]

Lindsay

February 1, 2009 at 8:04 am

Hi there. I LOVE your misty theme!! I cant find any reason for me to put time into designing my own theme because this one is just PERFECT!!!.
    I do have a question thought.. For the time being, i am just using a wordpress.com blog instead of a blog installed on my host because I am trying to see if the blog takes off first..
    But my question is.. Since i am using a blog.wordpress.com blog instead of a hosted blog, can i customize the theme like you have yours here where it is technically a 2 column, but you have two boxes side by side (like your latest posts and recent disccussions)??
    Also, i just added a contact page using your theme’s page templates.. I can build my own contact page, but figured you already did all the work.
    But there is an issue.. I can’t get the contact page to actually email the form to me! I did 3 test contacts from my page and did not receive anything.. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to set? or is this option just for people with their own hosted blogs?

February 2, 2009 at 8:06 am

Lindsay, You can not customize the MistyLook to have two boxes side by side as I have it here. This theme that I am using right now on this site, is called “MistyWoods” and I have not released to public, is essentially a three-column theme. Contact Page template should work on all hosted blogs, but it might work on wordpress.com blogs as well. just change your email inside your wordpress.com profile to another email of yours, test it again and then see if the contact page form gets sent to that. Also check the email’s junk folder, sometimes it might be there.

lindsay

February 2, 2009 at 8:06 am

Thanks.. I will try that. I like this design that you have here.. I actually ended up installing a hosted blog now.. I just cant deal with restrictions well. Actually, the blog in installed looks a LOT like this one, but its called Ships Ahoy.. Similar styles though.
    I do really like your 2 column span “about me”
    Its funny, i have a blog called webdesignforidiots.net but i am completely CLUELESS when it comes to blogging.. i am still feeling my way around it. I am still not sure how much i can actually customize, and how much is stuck the way it is..

February 2, 2009 at 8:08 am

Lindsay, by the way, I tried to send a message from my site http://sadish.wordpress.com using its contact page. it worked fine and the email reached me within seconds.

Lindsay

February 3, 2009 at 8:09 am

Thats interesting. i actually logged in this morning and the email that I sent to myself was there. But its ok. I ended up using a contact plugin for now just in case. Since my blog is aimed at answering reader questions, i NEED to get them sooner rather than later.
    So when is this theme going to be available?? i really like the design of this one.

Susana

February 9, 2009 at 8:09 am

Dear Sadish, I am creating my blog and I find your theme MistyLook the best one. I would like to improve the German pot file, since the version from Ulli is incomplete (some text still appear in English). Where can I get his pot file in order to update it and not to translate everyting again? Best regards

February 9, 2009 at 8:10 am

Ulli has done some more changes to it and has resent the .pot file to me already. I will update the theme and release a new version tomorrow. Please check it later tomorrow.

Susana

February 9, 2009 at 8:10 am

Dear Sadish, thank you very much! I will check it tomorrow. I have been looking for other themes in German, but no one is like yours. I really like it!

Jav

February 9, 2009 at 8:11 am

Sadish, I’ve installed the theme and everything works fine until I look at the site using IE 7, then it does not display the header image. Do you have any ideas in why it will not display? thanks

Paul

February 10, 2009 at 8:12 am

Jad said that the new mistylook 3.71 doens’t work well on IE7, the next so by Microsoft. Do you think to make a new release of mistylook soon? Is it necessary to make a new release? thanks

February 10, 2009 at 8:13 am

Jav, The best way to get support for my themes, is to create a discussion at Support Forums. Paul, The theme does not have any problems at all. It must be something peculiar to Jav’s installation.

Susana

February 10, 2009 at 8:13 am

Dear Sadish, is the new release already there? And the new German translation from Ulli? Can you please tell me when it is done? Thank you!

February 10, 2009 at 8:14 am

I will update this post Susana. I will try to do it by tonight.

February 10, 2009 at 8:14 am

I just released a new version of MistyLook 3.7.2. This has the new comments.php and mistylook.pot created by Ulli. Thanks.

Susana

February 11, 2009 at 8:15 am

Dear Sadish, thanks a lot for your very rapid reaction and excuse me if I was a little bit impatient yersterday. I am fascinated about WordPress Themes and particullary about MistyLook. I have adapted Ulli’s translation to my style and I have also done a Spanish version. I would be very glad to send you my .po files. Please, tell me which is the better way to do so. Best regards

JJ

February 15, 2009 at 8:15 am

I download the mistylook.zip file and it will not open. this is the new version you just put up, 3.7.2. The older version was fine. Is there a problem with the file you uploaded?
    Windows xp shows: the compressed (zipped) folder is invalid.
    Thanks

wendayuan

February 15, 2009 at 8:16 am

same trouble as JJ plz^^^^

February 15, 2009 at 8:17 am

Thank you for Reporting JJ and wendayuan. I will try to resolve it quickly.

February 15, 2009 at 8:17 am

I corrected the issue. you should be able to download it now.
    Thanks

dan

February 21, 2009 at 8:18 am

Dear Sadish –
    I am helping a friend create her work website. I’m using your Mistylook template because it’s most website-like and not bloggy looking.
    I am a novice web person. Is there a way to delete the “Feed on Posts Comments” on upper right? I’ve turned off all feed/comments capabilities, but can’t delete this.
    Also, is there a way to change font colors and background colors (like red title, white text on black background) to make it more Asiany?
    Thank you for any help you can provide.

February 21, 2009 at 8:19 am

dan, if your blog is hosted on wordpress.com, you can not edit the theme files. so you can not do any of the modifications you wanted to do. If you want to have more control, get a web hosting somewhere, and install WordPress and then our themes.

dan

February 21, 2009 at 8:19 am

thank you sadish. do you have a simple template that i can use on wordpress that doesn’t have all those links?

Cleme

February 24, 2009 at 8:20 am

As i wrote to Sadish earlier, I’d like to share al little bugfix for the new MistyLook 3.7.2. There is a little error in line 80 of comment.php. To missing quotes, this is how the line should look like: Also i am not quite sure what those to attributes in lines 65 and 68 are good for: They produce validation errors at “validator.w3.org”, so i just deleted them, which works fine for me. BTW i love MistyLook! Greetz!

Cleme

February 24, 2009 at 8:20 am

Sorry for this second post, but i just realize that the sourcecode i posted is not displayed correctly. With TWO missing quotes i meant those at the “value” attribute. With attributes in line 65,68 i meant: ?php if ($req) echo _e(‘(required)’, ‘ml’

February 24, 2009 at 8:21 am

I got your email also Clemens. I will update everyone once I get to see what is going on. Thanks

Marie-Hél

February 28, 2009 at 8:22 am

Themes developers create themes. You create jewels. Congratulations !

stevef

November 15, 2009 at 8:22 am

Hi Sadish, Does the latest version of Mistlylook support the new wordpress threaded comments?

Rachel Tan

January 3, 2010 at 8:23 am

I love this template. but i’m using blogger. i just hope i could use this theme on blogger.

Dylan

March 25, 2010 at 8:24 am

Hi, I really like this theme. But it seems the “Name”, “Email”, “Website” fields of the “leave comment” form are missing.:(

Dylan

March 25, 2010 at 8:24 am

Oh, sorry, it works nice. The missing of “Name”, “Email” fields is just because I have a logined status. My bad.

Marilyn

March 26, 2010 at 8:25 am

I have the CSS Upgrade and use Misty. How can I remove the “search” box on the top right corner of the header?

March 27, 2010 at 8:25 am

Add li.search { display:none;} to the end of style.css Thanks

moni

April 23, 2010 at 8:26 am

Hi Sadish, I love your theme because of its clean look. Can the header be replaced with my own custom header? I’d like to use it for a new blog I put up. I am willing to donate to tweak Mistylook for my needs. Thanks. I hope to hear from you soon.

David

April 30, 2010 at 8:27 am

Hey Sadish, I love this theme so much. How can I remove that big image in the header and reclaim the space? I tried deleting the image, though the image was gone, but it left a big empty space at the header. How do I reclaim this? While you are at it, I would also like to make the content area bigger. Where do I edit in css file? Thanks for a great theme, and the support.

Nathan

May 20, 2010 at 8:27 am

Hey Sadish,
    I have the Mistylook theme, and I’ve had it for about a year now. I love it! I was hoping for a fresh look and was wondering if there is a way to change the colors (background).
    Also, do you know anything about adding a widget so that people can follow you (like on Blogroll?).

Christian Louboutin

June 19, 2010 at 8:28 am

One last thing, is there a way to show a distinction in the Twitter feeds? They are hard to distinguish from one to the other because of spacing and no bullets or markers.

Sinar

August 29, 2011 at 8:29 am

Hi Sadish,
    I found your design is very easy to work with (see the link to my blog) http://sugarainbowbakery.com/
    I have no knowledge on graphic designing whatsoever but working with this style is quite easy. However, I wonder, why is the sidebar size where the “Catagories” is so wide and is there any way to fix it? I know it’s a fix width but again, why is that wider than the others?